I love vanilla cupcakes. It’s such a classic cupcake recipe. I don’t know of anyone that doesn’t like this all time classic. It’s so simple and easy to make, and so delicious to taste. It pleases crowds and kids always love them.
One beautiful thing I love about vanilla cupcakes is the smell it produces. When fresh out of the oven, and topped with its whipped cream cheese frosting it produces an absolutely beautiful vanilla fragrance that is so seductive to the nose, and upon biting in, the richness of the taste and smell is what really makes this an all time classic!
I hope you enjoy these vanilla cupcakes. The added star on top is made out of fondant. It’s a quirky play up but obviously not necessary! I have attached a recipe below, enjoy!
Vanilla cupcakes recipe
For the vanilla cupcakes base
170 g unsalted butter, at room temperature
2 eggs, at room temperature
1 1/2 cups caster sugar
1 1/4 cup whole milk, at room temperature
2 1/2 cup flour, sifted
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
Place cupcakes liner in a standard muffin tin and preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (177 Celsius).
For flour mixture: In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside
For milk mixture: Pour milk into a measuring cup and add vanilla. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, use medium speed cream the butter until fluffy. Stop and add the sugar, continue with medium speed and beat the butter and sugar until light and plain. (this will create the butter mixture). Will takes about 3- 5 minutes.
- Add the eggs, one at a time. Mixing slowly after each addition.
- Reduce the speed to low, add ⅓ of the flour mixture into the butter mixture, then gradually add in ⅓ of the milk mixture. Beat until all is well incorporated. Continue with another ⅓ of the flour mixture followed by another ⅓ of the milk mixture. Stop and scrape the sides of the bowl if needed. Then add the remaining flour mixture and milk mixture, beat all until well combined.
Lastly, use a large size ice cream scoop to batter and divide the batter among the cupcake liners into the cupcake pan. Bake for approx 16-18 minutes. ( You can stick a toothpick in a cupcake during cooking to check whether it is cooked or not. If it’s cooked the toothpick will be clean as you poke it out).
Carefully and remove the cupcakes from the baking pans immediately to let cool. Let its cool completely on wire racks before you do frosting.
For the cream cheese frosting
Place the cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla in mixing bowl.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, use medium speed to beat the cream cheese thoroughly until fluffy and completely smooth.
- In a separate bowl and using a handheld electric mixer on high speed, beat the heavy cream to nearly stiff peaks ( this is to make whipped cream).
- Add the whipped cream into the stand mixer bowl with the cream cheese, beat and combine (do not over beat).
Frost the filling using a pastry bag fitted with a large size round tip (or your favorite tip). Pipe a spiral of filling into a 2-inch-high cone-shaped mound on top of cupcakes. Refrigerate to chill up.
And that is it! I hope you enjoy my vanilla cupcakes recipe, please leave your comments and feedback below!